Wednesday, March 18

Anasazi Valley

A while back the was an article in the local paper about some petroglyphs in town. Yesterday, Josh and I went for a hike to see some find them. It was a very nice day; sunny with a slight breeze. It took us a while to find the trial head because the article just gave the general location. Once we found it, we were off. We walked, and we walked, finally finding three drawings. Only three drawings! Josh and I skinnied down the cliff and stumbled over the boulders looking for more. We never found the big rock covered with drawings that was pictured in the article. The trail continued on so we thought that maybe that big rock was further down the trail. 15 minutes later we passed other fellow hikers and asked them if there is more drawings up ahead and they told us that no more were up ahead and that the trail goes another mile towards town and back up by the way of the river bed. So we turned around to start our journey back. I went to take pictures with my camera, and it didn't have a memory card in it. Luckily, Josh's phone is awesome and takes really good photos. These are the are us on our hike and the three petroglyphs:

1 comment:

Amanda said...

ah ha!!! Now that I know you have a blog I will stalk you FOREVER!! You will never get rid of me :)Looks like you guys have some serious fun! Lucky :)