Saturday, January 9

28 Weeks


We are 28 weeks pregnant (yesterday)!! I can't believe we so far along. I remember when I was only 12 weeks and thinking about how pregnant 28 weeks would be! My belly has grown and my belly button is getting flatter. Ellie moves quite a lot. Almost any time I am laying down she is kicking at me! She loves when Josh talks to her. She could be motionless and Josh will walk up and say "Hello, Ellie" to my belly and she will thump him in the face! I tell him all the time that she loves him talking to her and when he tickles my belly.

This past month has been a crazy one. We have moved out of the hotel. We are glad to be away from all the stress and drama that surrounded our life there, and we moved into the big, cozy basement of Josh grandparents. Josh is much more relaxed here, which I love. Thankfully we had lots of help from our families. When they weren't there to help it was all Josh. I am grateful for Josh job and that it has made him one buff guy! He lifted and moved all the furniture around in the house. He also packed and unpacked all of our stuff. I would try to help, but after five minutes I was too tired and my body hurt and I needed to lay down and take a break. Bed rest and limited activity has made me a wuss! Josh reminds me that it is my job to take care of Ellie right now, and not to worry about anything else. He always makes me feel better when I stress about not being able to help him.

This past week I went in to take the glucose test. The orange sugary liquid must be consumed in five minutes and must stay down for an hour. Well as the nurse was explaining to me what to do she already started the five minutes, so being polite I waited until she was done talking. Then I gulped it down. The last gulps were very hard to get down, but I did get it all, then it all came back up. The next day we went back and they gave us the timer and we walked away and started the timer when I was ready to start drinking. I finished it and was able to keep it down for the whole time. In the end the results came back borderline. I am now watching what I eat and cutting back on all of my sweets and trying to eat healthier.

In a week we have our next appointment with the specialist to check on Ellie and the blood clot. Then the beginning of February the doc said we would start doing non-stress tests twice a week. I am hoping that everything is still going well and that we will be able to travel to Lehi to support Josh's younger brother and his wife as they bless their newborn. Josh's older sister is coming down from Washington state in March and hopefully things are still going well then, too, so we can enjoy her newborn!


1 comment:

Misty (Hesch) Walker said...

I had such a hard time imagining you preggo- but you look so natural! Pregnancy agrees with you!

You've done such a good job keeping that baby safe and sound. We are all so proud of you!