
Saturday night we discovered, for once, I was right when I said I was pregnant. Month after month I have been telling Josh "I think I am pregnant". Every time I was harshly disappointed. Consequently, Josh was tired of my emotional ups and downs. He didn't believe me when I said again "I think I am pregnant". (I didn't really believe it this time, but after months of having the same conversation with him, I really couldn't live with myself if I didn't say it)
Low and Behold, the first test we bought strangely looked like there was 2 lines indicating pregnancy. I laughed and jumped up and down, I was finally right! Josh, on the other hand, was skeptical. One of the two lines wasn't the darkest in color. He wanted a more "Yes or No" answer before he let himself get excited. Back to the store we went to get another home pregnancy test. I watched Josh's face as he watched for the result of the second time . When "Pregnant" popped onto the screen his face lit up with a big smile and he jumped up and down.
I had originally wanted to come up with a cute way to tell our parents, but Josh wasn't willing to wait. If he wasn't going to wait, then I wasn't going to wait. We called both our folks that night.
Our excitement turns to worry when we look back to just a few weeks earlier. I was into the doctor and he informed me that IF I got pregnant I was at a high risk of a miscarriage. We are very excited that we past the IF and worried, because we thought there was going to be more time to prepare my body. I have been given some medicine to help raise and maintain hormone levels that the baby needs. I am looking forward to Aug. 27 for our first appointment. I hope and pray when that day comes, the doctor can tell me everything is going the way it is supposed to.
Until then, we will just take it easy and try to get used to hearing and saying "We're pregnant!"

5 comments:
oh, I can't even tell you how excited I am for you guys! This is the best news! Good job taking it easy... that's the best thing you can do!
love you guys! Can't wait to hear about your appt!!
Congrats Petie. That is so cool.I miss those good old days on the bus trips.
Yay! Congrats!
Congrats!! That is awesome-you'll be an awesome mommy :)
YOu have quite the journal here. You need to have it made into a book!!
Post a Comment