Tuesday, June 30

Manti Pageant




Over the past weekend Josh and I met my family in Manti, Utah to watch the Mormon Miracle Pageant. Josh and I was already in Lehi with his parents, with little mental thought we were able to sync our schedules so we were able to arrive in Manti the same time.
We got there a few hours before the show would start for good seats and good parking. And to help pass the time we ate lunch at a local diner. I had a delicious chicken sandwich and Josh enjoyed a massive hamburger.





After lunch, and claiming out seats, we walked up the road to see a replica of the dugout the pioneers made when they first come to the area. It was VERY small. Seven of us stood in the cramped space very uncomfortably. But back when they were build they housed many more people!! It is amazing to see what the pioneers had to do to survive.



We took pictures of my parents posing in front of the temple were they were wed for all time and eternity and the motel were they stayed... many, many years ago!


After all this there was STILL time to kill. We found ourselves eating snow cones and sitting in the shade to cool off. We played Go Fish and Uno on blankets on the ground, while my parents watched from fold up chairs Josh and I had brought. The games and laughs were awesome, but Josh and I never won a single game.


The Pageant was beautiful. The Manti temple is set on top of a hill. It is the side of that hill where to play takes place. There was fire, thunderstroms, sword fights, hand carts, and every emotion you can imagine. Everything about the hour and half was captivating and entertaining. I even teared up at the end. It was joked that the family would make this an annual trip. I really hope we do.

1 comment:

Cazier Craziness said...

I have never been. What a neat experience!!